How I Turned my Clutter into an Ergo on Yerdle
Today I’m going to introduce you to my newest secondhand addiction:
Yerdle is a sharing app where you can get rid of your clutter and bid on other people’s clutter, because one person’s clutter is another person’s coveted Ergo baby carrier (I tell you from experience).
- Free app
- Everyone gets 250 points to start
- Use your points to bid on other people’s stuff
- Post your stuff (ie clutter) to earn more points
- Select with each posted item
- Minimum bid
- Willing to ship or local pickup only
- Buy it now price (optional)
- Amazingly low flat-rate shipping rates ranging from $2-$4 (winner pays shipping)
- Optional daily email of hand-picked yerdle items to consider
- Primarily available for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch with iOS 6 or later. You can also browse a selection of items on the website, and post items from your Android phone or desktop.
So far, I have turned my unused stuff into a set of new Panasonic wireless phones with answering machine to replace our dying 10+ year old wireless phone, a solid copper pot to hold the veggies on my kitchen counter, a compact CD and tape player with radio and MP3 plugin, a Wii game for my husband, and an Ergobaby Carrier.
|New Price||Used Price||Yerdle Shipping Costs||Item Description|
|$60||$60*||$3||Two new Panasonic wireless phones with answering machine|
|Compact CD and tape player with radio and MP3 plugin|
|Solid copper pot|
|$260||$180||$9||Dollars spent to get items new, used or on Yerdle, respectively|
*Listing the new price for this item because it was new on yerdle.
Things I Like About Yerdle
- Getting points for my stuff inspires me to clear clutter from my house
- Having to use those points to get other people’s stuff makes me stop and think before jumping in to bid on someone else’s stuff:
- Do I really want or need this?
- Are there or will there be other things I would rather get with these points?
- Point auctions also help to decipher who wants an item more. If I am willing to spend 30 points on something, and others are willing to keep bidding beyond that, they must want or need it more than I do
- Yerdle’s flat-rate shipping rates ($2-$4) are unbeatable and their shipping process is extremely easy, due in large part to the flat-rate setup
- The app is very easy to use both to give and receive
- I can easily share listings with people, even if they don’t have the app. When I see something I’m considering bidding on, I’ve been known to hit the share button to have my mom or husband take a look. There are a variety of sharing options (text, email, Facebook, Twitter, etc.). The item page shared includes the item picture, description, time left on the auction, location, and shipping costs.
More Items Spotted on Yerdle
My Clutter, Turned Ergo